Building Inner Strength:
a meditation pathway
Alternate Wednesday evenings, 7.30 – 9.00
Due to the corona virus restrictions we are offering this course online, using Zoom
Click here to access: https://zoom.us/j/898198713 Meeting ID: 898 198 713 Password: 167265
March 25th; (NB no group on April 8th) April 22nd; May 6th, 20th; June 3rd, 17th; July 1st
All very welcome
Building Inner Strength, based on the popular 16 Guidelines for Life (16G), is a series of classes based on a set of values which aim to encourage positive qualities in our life. They help us to change:
- how we think: recognising the power of the mind is the most important theme that underlies the course. We can train and transform our minds to shift our habits and explore new ways of living by cultivating humility, patience, contentment and delight
- how we act: how you choose to act can define and colour your quality of life and experiences. Paying attention to the four actions of kindness, honesty, generosity and right speech will lay a solid foundation for contributing to the happiness of others and ourselves
- how we relate to others: we interact with people everyday, from members of our family to the person in the supermarket. By applying respect, forgiveness, gratitude and loyalty we can strengthen our relationships with those around us
- how we find meaning: our search for meaning will depend on our ability and willingness to explore new and unfamiliar territory. Abandoning the narrow view of ourselves and developing qualities like aspiration, principles, service and courage can help us create a happy life.
As part of the Building Inner Strength course, mindfulness, guided meditations and discussions based on compassion and ethics are used. They offer the potential to enhance mental wellbeing, strengthen emotional resilience and build positive relationships bringing happiness for ourselves and those around us.
This course introduces daily exercises that will help nurture our positive qualities, transform our everyday relationships and reverberate in the world around us.
Benefits of the course include:
- Increased emotional resilience
- Better relationships, at work and at home
- A greater capacity for insight and personal reflection
- A greater sense of well-being, confidence and purpose
Beginners to the practices of mindfulness and meditation are welcome. The course is particularly beneficial for individuals who want to take practical techniques and implement them in their home relationships, community or workplace.
Some further thoughts around the topics: