Data Protection May 2018
There are some changes in data protection law, so we wanted you to know that we’ve updated our Privacy Statement. Your trust is important to us, and we want to make sure you understand what these changes mean for you. This Privacy Statement explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
- We will only collect and retain relevant and essential data.
- We will store your information safely and securely, protecting it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
- We will ensure that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- We will destroy your information securely.
- We will work hard to keep your personal data up to date.
- We will comply fully with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into force in the UK in May 2018.
Our Mailing List
- We ask you to provide your name and email address when signing up to our mailing list, .
- We use this information to tell you about upcoming Jamyang Bath events and to provide you with news and information about Jamyang Bath
- We do not pass on your personal information to anyone else. If you sign up at an event, we will destroy the sign-up sheet as soon as we have transferred the data
- You will be given an opportunity to unsubscribe in every Newsletter we send.
Friends of Jamyang Bath
- We may ask for your postal address if you receive the twice yearly Mandala magazine from us.
- We may send you greetings or information from time to time via this address.
- You can let us know at courses@jamyangbath if you no longer wish to receive these communications.
- When you get in touch via the contact forms on the website, you provide your name and email address.
- We use this information to reply to your enquiry. We do not pass on your personal information to anyone else unless it is required to solve your enquiry and will ask your permission before we do so.
- We delete each form entry or resultant email as soon as the enquiry has been dealt with.
- This website may contain links to external websites managed and maintained by external companies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, cookie policies or the content of such websites or of other third parties.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- find out how we process your personal data
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data
- ask us not to process your personal data for our own marketing purposes
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data
- obtain a copy of your personal information which we hold about you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request and will respond as soon as possible and in any event within a month.
We hope the information above will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us. You can contact Lynne Knight, who is responsible for Jamyang Bath’s data protection at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish